Learn How To Write Comedy In One Weekend!
New 2014 Comedy Seminar Dates! (see below)
Learn the same powerful techniques Jerry used
to write 80-120 jokes a day!
Come to one of Jerry Corley’s Weekend Comedy Workshops and turn yourself into a joke-writing machine with powerful techniques taught clearly and concisely by 25-year veteran stand up and writer for The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. These techniques pack a punch, using structured, easy-to-understand-and-apply concepts that will have you writing solid jokes in no time!
Jerry Corley teaches you how to write comedy like a machine in his weekend intensive comedy writing course; the most powerful course covering how to write comedy, in the business.
How To Write Comedy
- Jerry Corley’s Comedy Writing Seminars -
Where beginners go to learn and the professionals go to brush up.
How To Write Comedy – Dates and Times
- April 12-13, 2014 – Burbank,CA – 9:00AM-3:00PM
- May 17-18, 2014 – Burbank,CA – 9:00AM-3:00PM
- June 7-8, 2014 – Burbank,CA – 9:00AM-3:00PM
- July 19-20, 2014 – Burbank, CA 9:00AM-3:00PM
- August 16-17, 2014 – Burbank, CA 9:00AM-3:00PM
- September 13-14, 2013 – Burbank,CA – 9:00AM-3:00PM
- October 18-19, 2014 – Burbank,CA – 9:00AM-3:00PM
- November 15-16, 2014 – Burbank,CA – 9:00AM-3:00PM
- December 13-14, 2014 – Burbank,CA – 9:00AM-3:00PM
Jerry Corley’s How To Write Comedy seminars are for beginners or advanced comedy enthusiasts!
If you’re an experienced comedian, I guarantee you you’ll find yourself inspired and reinvigorated with Jerry’s no-nonsense, honest approach to comedy. His ground-breaking techniques of breaking the art of comedy into a science will give you a new command of the art form allowing you to apply these techniques to script-writing, monologue writing or sketch-writing.
If you’re a beginner, this seminar will give you a leg up on the rest of the pack, giving you tools to write like you never imagined possible. You’ll feel the surge of confidence going into your next showcase knowing that your jokes are funny before you even hit the stage!
You’ll be writing comedy in your first hour…
When you come to one of Jerry Corley’s “How To Write Comedy” Weekend Seminars be prepared for 2 things:
- A lot of information in a short period of time.
- To write more jokes than you’ve probably ever written in a day.
In the 2-day, information-packed seminar, you’ll be treated to some of the most power joke writing techniques used everyday by professional comedy writers who crank out 60-150 jokes per day and once you grasp these techniques, you’ll find yourself empowered to write new material on a daily basis.
Jerry teaches in a workshop-style environment getting you to write the material right away! You’ll be amazed at how quickly you’ll be putting the joke formulas together and cranking out your own quality material.
Using video examples from professionals like Dave Chappelle, Brian Regan, Bill Hicks, Jerry Seinfeld, George Carlin and many more, you’ll get to see first-hand how these professionals use the comedy formulas Jerry teaches. Jerry can literally help you turn yourself into a comedy writing machine! You will walk away from this 12-hour, 2-day seminar, with tools that will put you miles ahead of the rest when it comes to joke writing.
Here’s what you’ll learn at Jerry Corley’s “How To Write Comedy” seminar…
- What makes people laugh.
- How to write jokes from scratch whenever you want.
- How to beat writer’s block
- The number one reason comedians and comedy writers stare at a blank page
- How incongruity is the most powerful formula in comedy.
- 4 Comedy Formulas bookers look for when booking television comedians
- How to build your jokes into a routine that flows and sounds conversational
- How write for late night shows.
- The 6 elements every joke needs to be funny
- 10 ways to beat writer’s block
- The 1 secret about comedy writing that every writer/comedian needs to know.
- How to stand out from the pack, get recognized and get work.
In this seminar Jerry teaches you how he was able to work 40 weeks out of the year touring the club and college circuit and making a good living in stand up comedy.
Here’s what people are saying about Jerry Corley’s Comedy Seminars:
“If you are an up and coming comedian or you are just getting your feet wet in the world of comedy take this course! Jerry has been a professional comedian for the past 20 years and has the unique ability to teach at any skill level…” [more...]
“Jerry Corley’s Stand Up Comedy class was amazing. I went into in wanting to learn how to write funny. Never wanted to do a stand up rountine. Didn’t think I had it in me. With his help and guidance, I performed a 10 minute set in front of 90 people. It was one of the greatest nights of my life. He knows his comedy and is great at teaching it. I would recommend this class to everyone.” [more...]
“Jerry has turned my comedy dream into a comedy reality by allowing me to find my own unique voice. Without his comedy class and caring support I would not have come so far, so fast.”
The most powerful comedy seminar in the industry is coming to a city near you! Click the link to find prices and register in your city early as many of these seminars sell out!
“HOW TO WRITE COMEDY
So, what are you waiting for? Take advantage of this rare opportunity to get intense, concise comedy instruction from the top comedy coach in L.A.!
Choose your preferred date from the drop-down menu:
Get in on the next seminar and start learning how to write comedy fast!>